Creating the most effective tagline for your church doesn’t have to be complicated or full of fancy words. It just needs to have the ability to convey the identity and promise of your church.
Because nowadays, due to the global pandemic, most churches are switching to digital platforms and have their identities online. With this, they need to have certain strategies to help their church become known to the online world. One of which is having an effective tagline.
What is a church tagline?
A church tagline is a short and compelling phrase that makes a promise to people both inside and outside of the church. It helps attract visitors to become regular church attendees and empowers your existing members to become fruitful and effective in their ministry.
And while church taglines are effective, they are not and should not be your church’s mission and vision statement. They can, however, be based on your church’s mission and vision to boost their effectiveness and make them in line with the identity of your church.
This is because both mission and vision statements are for your existing members and the entirety of your internal audience. While taglines can be both for visitors and existing audience, with the special emphasis on the visitors –– those who don’t know about your church and ministry.
So, is creating the most effective tagline for your church difficult? Do not worry because we have included steps and tips to help you develop an effective church tagline. These steps and tips are proven effective to help you in creating the most effective tagline for your church.
How to Develop an Effective Church Tagline
Here are the steps required to develop a catchy and effective tagline for your Church.
- Align ideas with the Church’s vision. In order to have an effective church tagline, you need to clarify the identity and direction of your church. Because knowing the direction of your church will help you create a tagline that will boost the realization of your church’s vision.
- Think of a Gospel-centered tagline. Having a Gospel-centered tagline allows your church to stay grounded in the basic tenets of the faith. It serves as a reminder of who we are as Christians and of who you are as a church.
- Brainstorm ideas. The goal in this step is to think of as many taglines as possible. You do not have to limit yourself, just think of taglines that you can associate with the promise and vision that God has revealed to your church.
- Review and compare taglines. The main purpose of this step is to make sure that the message you want to portray in your tagline is unique and different from the others. As we all know, uniqueness would set you apart and would bring more attention to your church.
- Choose your top five taglines. It is important that you make your decision very carefully. Do not decide too quickly. Instead, delay it for over two weeks so that you can think, pray, and meditate on which taglines you choose to keep.
- Ask feedback outside of your organization. If you test your tagline within the members of your organization, chances are people would be biased. Thus, getting the views of people outside your ministry would provide you with more accurate feedback.
- Make a final decision. There’s nothing left to do but decide. Based on all the considerations listed above, choose what is best for your church.
Other Effective Tips in Creating the Most Effective Tagline for Your Church
- Keep it short and simple. Taglines need to say a lot by only using a few words. These words might be few in number, but they are crucial in the effectiveness of your church taglines.
- Make it applicable to all ages. Effective taglines aren’t bound by the idea of time. They should not be limited to a certain age group but to people of all ages and all walks of life.
- Describe who you are. The primary purpose of a tagline is to let the people know about your church. You can do this by having a tagline that encapsulates in a few words the best of what your church is.
- Communicate with Clarity. One of the most important things to consider in making a tagline is to make sure that it provides a clear picture of what your church is and the things that your church does. Because having the ability to communicate with clarity connects your church with different types of audiences.
Effective Church Taglines Examples
The following series of existing church slogans have been used by other churches to gather attention and grow their ministry. These are meant to inspire your own tagline to use for your next church gathering.
- Grow under God’s love and grace.
- The church where friends, family, and faith come together.
- Let us guide you in this world of misguidance.
- We are lambs and Jesus is our Shepherd.
- Holding true to Jesus’ words.
- The almighty step towards the Almighty.
- Granting your soul the wings to fly.
- Heaven’s image on Earth.
- An institution of faith and love.
- We provide, we care, we deliver.
- Take the step towards a greater and better life.
- The church of prayers and promises.
- Reproducing Authentic Christianity
- The End of Your Search for a Friendly Church
- A Place For You
- Biblically Based…Family Oriented…Dynamic Fellowship
- Living Hope For Real People
- King James Version Only
- Proclaiming & Demonstrating the Love of God through Christ
- Bible Believing, Christ-centered
- 21st Century Church – Come see our NEW Building
- A Community Dedicated to Seeking God and Serving People
- A Church involved in & Caring About the Community
- Experience God’s Presence – The Church That Cares
- Start a New Way of Living!
- Where the Bible is Believed and Taught
- A Historic Building
- Building a Community of Grace
- Unique, Expressive & Powerful!
- Building Holy and Healthy Lives
- A Family Church
- Growing Together
- We are followers of Jesus Christ inviting you to follow along with us
- Proclaiming the Good News of God’s Sovereign Grace
- Where God’s Word & Spirit bring Freedom
- End Your Search For a Friendly, Spiritual Church
- The Liberal Religious Alternative
- Reaching People With The Life-Giving Message of Jesus
- Love God, Love People, Make Disciples
- To Plant Churches and Make Disciples
- Knowing Jesus and Making Jesus Known
More Catchy Church Taglines and Slogans For You
- 1 Cross + 3 Nails = 4 Given.
- 7 days without prayer makes 1 weak.
- A bad day at work is better than a good day in hell.
- A Bible falling apart belongs to someone who isn’t!
- A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
- A clean conscience makes a soft pillow.
- A father is someone you can look up to no matter how tall you get.
- A gift is not a gift until given.
- A good pill to swallow is your pride.
- A half-truth is a whole lie.
- A lot of kneeling will keep you in good standing.
- A man is not ready to live if he is not ready to die.
- A man is rich according to what he is, not what he has.
- A man wrapped up in himself makes for a small package.
- A mind fixed on God has no room for evil thoughts.
- A.S. A. P. – Always say a prayer!
- All Gave Some, Some Gave All.
- Choosy Moms choose Jesus.
- Christ is our steering wheel, not our spare tire.
- Church Is A Hospital For Sinners…Not A Museum For Saints
- Every miracle Jesus does starts with a problem.
- Every saint has a past– every sinner has a future!
- God is more willing to forgive than we are to ask!
- God’s season is open 24-7.
- Google doesn’t have all the answers.
- Got Jesus? It’s hell without Him.
- Gratitude begins where my sense of entitlement ends.
- If you only sample the Bible you never acquire a taste for it.
- iPod? iPad? Try iPray… God is listening!
- Is Your Life Running On Empty? Free Fill-ups Here Every Sunday!
- We Build Hope
- Helping People Take Their Next Step Towards Christ